Parking Garage Stairwell Restoration
Condo Parking Garage Stairwell Restoration and Concrete Wall Extension
1000 The Esplanade
Having done waterproofing and restoration work for the condominium, the condominium board and property management company trusted Armour Restoration as their building contractor. For this project, Armour Restoration was chosen as the concrete contractor to improve an existing underground parking garage stairwell. The parking garage stairwell was located very close to the main thoroughfare within the condo complex, which was a safety issue. An engineer suggested and specified building a new concrete wall barrier to block off the traffic side of the stairwell while rehabilitating the concrete and railing.
- Armour Restoration prepared the site securely with safety fencing and pylons.
- The deteriorated concrete was chipped away to expose rebar and prepared for the new wall.
- New rebar was installed to spec, while forms were constructed for pouring of the new concrete wall
- Stucco was applied to the wall to match the surrounding architecture
- Armour Restoration completed the project by installing new galvanized steel hand rails