CONDO WATERPROOFING & PAINTING
Armour Restoration waterproofed and re-painted the metal siding of this Oshawa condominium.
Mansard Siding Waterproofing & Painting
43 and 53 Taunton Rd. East Oshawa
Armour Restoration was chosen from several other building restoration companies as the general contractor for a townhome condominium project in Oshawa Ontario. Previously, the condominium had experienced leaking along the exterior walls on the top floor of the building despite having had windows replaced. The engineering consultant determined that the building siding angled water towards the building wall, and that the sealant had failed.
Phase 1 of this project was the installation of a custom galvanized flashing above the windows, waterproofing, new sealant and painting of the mansard siding on the top floors of the townhomes to stop the water penetration.
Phase 2 was to be done separately and entailed ground level improvements to the property including new concrete walkways, stairs and new railing.
- Armour mobilized on site, set up a safety and work area and brought 2 articulating boom lifts on-site.
- The metal mansard siding was removed by each of the windows.
- Waterproofing was performed surrounding each window that included Blueskin membrane, a new high performance elastomeric sealant, and a custom made galvanized waterproofing flashing.
- Once all waterproofing was complete, Armour Restoration proceeded to prime the metal siding with Sherwin Williams Kem Bond and a Sherwin Williams enamel HS paint.
- Armour Restoration also removed and installed new metal soffits to ensure the entire Mansard structure was restored.
PRODUCTS WE USE
- Sikaflex 15LM - High Performance elastomeric sealant
- Custom galvanized flashing
- Custom metal soffits