Walmart Entrance Facade Waterproofing
Our team applied Dow Corning DefendAir 200 as an air and water barrier for a Walmart facade.
Building Facade Waterproofing With DefendAir 200
Ancaster Super Centre
Walmart was having water penetration and condensation issues with the front facade of their Ancaster super store. Given our building envelope waterproofing experience, Armour Restoration was asked to be a part of the construction team to rebuild a water proof and air tight wall system.
The existing wall cladding needed to be removed to expose the failed wall structure. A new mould and moisture resistant substrate was to be installed. To ensure the wall remained air tight, a specialized air/water silicone barrier was specified to prevent further moisture and condensation through when the new exterior cladding was installed.
- Armour Restoration setup on site and coordinated with the general contractor. Access was provided by an engineered 4 story scaffold with overhead protection
- Dens Glass fireglass mat sheathing was installed on the building wall.
- Armour Restoration spray applied Dow Corning DefendAir 200 to the substrate for an air/water tight layer.
- Dow 790 Silicone Building Sealant was applied to all substrate joints to complete an air tight system
PRODUCTS WE USE
- DensGlass sheathing
- Dow DefendAir 200
- Dow 790 Silicone Building Sealant