RESTORATION OF BRICKS AND WINDOW LINTELS
This residential building was restored using a waterproof membrane and rust inhibitor.
Brick and Window Lintel Restoration
Gold Seal Management
Brookwell Apartments, a residential apartment building
A large four-storey Toronto apartment building had badly deteriorated bricks and exterior brick walls that exhibited bowing and buckling, which caused water penetration. As an experienced Toronto masonry contractor, Armour Restoration was contacted to investigate and propose a solution. We determined that a poor design, lack of drainage holes or a rain screen, improper waterproofing, and undersized window lintels caused the issues.
- We began by notifying management and tenants and coordinated access routes.
- Our team prepared the site by raising safety barriers, mobilizing equipment, and setting up scaffolding.
- Given the winter weather, we tarped-in the work site with a heated set up.
- We removed the damaged bricks and rusted lintels, and installed custom window lintels with a rust inhibitor and drainage holes.
- Our team installed a Blueskin waterproofing membrane before relaying the bricks.
- Once the work was done we conducted the teardown and clean-up of the site.
PRODUCTS WE USE
Rust-Oleum Rust Inhibitor | Blueskin WP 200 Waterproof Membrane | King S-Type Mortar