Our expert Toronto balcony restoration crew restored severely damaged apartment balconies.
Balcony Restoration and Coating
45 Gulliver Road, Toronto
This balcony restoration example and case study is based on work done by Armour Restoration at 45 Gulliver Road in Toronto in 2015. After conducting a thorough inspection and analysis on this North York apartment building, Armour Restoration's balcony restoration team devised a complete balcony repair and restoration plan for the 50 balconies at 45 Gulliver Road in Toronto. The balconies were badly deteriorated over the years due to exposure to the elements. Without a protective concrete floor coating, the concrete slab had layers of chipping and cracks while the soffits’ paint was badly peeling.
- We began by notifying management and tenants and coordinated access routes.
- Our team prepared by raising safety barriers, mobilizing equipment, and coordinating boom lift access.
- We removed existing coatings and paints and cleaned the surfaces with a 4500 PSI power washer.
- Our experienced Toronto balcony repair team resurfaced the slabs with a hydraulic cement, and applied a urethane coating with rubber aggregate to the balcony floors.
- The balcony soffits were repainted with a high-grade exterior paint, and a DTM paint was applied to the railings.
- Once the work was done we conducted the teardown and clean-up of the site.
PRODUCTS WE USE
Tremco Vulkem OC810 | Tremco Dymonic 100 | Rustoleum Tremclad | Sherwin Wil-liams Porch and Floor Enamel | BASF NP1 Urethane Sealant