TORONTO CITYPLACE UNDERGROUND GARAGE REPAIRS
An 8 year old underground condominium garage in Toronto’s CityPlace had worn floor coatings and concrete cracks. Armour Restoration was hired to repair the drive areas with a vehicular grade polyurethane floor coating and perform concrete crack injections.
CityPlace Condominium Garage Floor Coatings
TSCC 2009/2016 and ICC Property Management
4k Spadina and 25 Telegram Mews
Armour Restoration was awarded the garage restoration project at 4K Spadina with a scope that included driveway floor coating repairs, concrete crack injections, concrete restoration and some floor drain repairs.
The main aspect of this underground garage repair entailed the resurfacing of the underground garage vehicular coatings which had worn down over time and especially degraded in the busy drive aisles and parking stalls. Given the size of the underground garage and that it serves two busy Toronto condominium towers and a retail level grocery store, a complete shutdown of traffic was impractical. Alongside with Truman Engineering Services, the building engineering consultant on the project, Armour Restoration developed a detailed schedule and worked at night in order to facilitate the resurfacing. The floor coating system specified was a hybrid epoxy base coat with an elastomeric polyurethane Pecora Traffic Coating that was available in a fast cure form.
- Expected project schedule of 8 weeks
- Armour Restoration develop a detailed work plan to tackle resurfacing in multiple stages
- Mobilize onsite and set up safety procedures
- Prep floors by diamond grinding and shot blasting to expose the garage concrete slab floors
- Section off underground garage areas to be coated
- Apply the multi stage Pecora system: Primer, Basecoat, Intermediate Coat and Top Coat (silica broadcast for traction component)
PRODUCTS WE USE
- Pecora Dynapoxy Low Mod Epoxy
- Pecora 806FC Urethane top coat